Erin's Everyday Thoughts

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Clean House, A Clean Slate

This weekend, Mike and I did a number on our house. Top to bottom, we cleaned. We dusted, swept, scrubbed, sorted, and organized. We have 5 bags to drop off at Goodwill this week. I have a feeling of zen. A clean, orderly living space has always given me this very peaceful feeling. I think it has something to do with everything being in its place. I think it also has to do with spending time with the things I love--taking time to move each treasure to dust under it. Taking time to release the things that I don't treasure and that are just taking up space in my life.

Last week, I felt sluggish. I had trouble getting out of the bed each morning. I dreamed of sleeping the day away.

I now feel ready to start on my critical thesis. This morning, I woke at 6 and went directly to my clean and organized office. I dove headfirst into research. It felt wonderful!

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I am like you. My home is my NEST, and I like my nest clean and tidy and organized! I do enjoy your writing and am so happy you're posting again!

    By Blogger emmapeelDallas, at 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home