Erin's Everyday Thoughts

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Poem

I was thinking of the letter M last night and remembered a poem I wrote during my time living in Pennsylvania. At the time, I had established an alias for myself. The alias was not the motivation for the poem...the idea actually came from a children's poem that had been submitted to Highlights magazine. This poem was about how "mmm" was a thinking sound. It was a delightful poem (I had the chance to read so many delightful and meaningful poems written by children while I was working there) and got me thinking about "mmm". So here goes ...

The Letter “M” (aka Establishing My Alias)

By: ER(air)in BER(brrr)ger

So I’ll be Mercury Monday
and mmm like the sound
of happy mouth to happy
food mmm a real sound not
like “air” or “brrr” which are only parts
of sounds mmm a full cycle
a complete rotation of vibrating
lips together a guttural sound from
throat deeper from abdomen working
to air to ears
yours
as we lay in bed mmm touching
sound pleasure sound mmm more
mmm mmm mmm like lyrics
to a wordless song mmm a thinking
sound a surmising sound mmm (a-ha)
a sound of revelation or relaxation
as I sit beside my love mmm
intertwining fingers mmm
taking deep breaths

mmmmmm

3 Comments:

  • Wow, VERY nice...I can't write poetry AT ALL...

    By Blogger emmapeelDallas, at 3:36 AM  

  • Whoa. Is it hot in here? Why yes, it's hot. And steamy. Jezzel, Bergie. I need to go take a cold shower now.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:21 AM  

  • this is a very nice poem.

    andriodXyZZZZZ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home