Erin's Everyday Thoughts

Monday, May 14, 2007

News Game

Sometimes when I'm listening to the news (generally in my car, generally NPR), I'll play a game (purposely or accidentally) where I imagine the newscaster is going to say something that would make the story much more interesting or shocking or offensive.

A few days ago, I was only half listening when I heard the newscaster say, "Women are more important in Sudan today than ..."

Immediately, my mind imagined she was going to say "men."

Instead, she said "ever before." So, "Women are more important in Sudan today than ever before."

I thought of other funny things she could have said, too--like "hotdogs" or "willyworms."

The next time you're listening to the news, think about what the newscaster could have said! If you have a funny or interesting one, I'd love to hear it!

2 Comments:

  • I listen to NPR as I drive to Fort Worth each day (a little over an hour each way), but when I'm bored, I switch to talk radio...about 5 minutes of that never fails to leave me shocked. I think I'm going to try your game, and I'll let you know if I come up with anything clever!

    :)

    J

    By Blogger emmapeelDallas, at 12:37 AM  

  • I love that game, and I really love your idea about the women in Sudan being more important than the men. Hee!

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home